7.30.2011

what would help you feel better?



this is a slice of my "family mission" created for my women's group on the topic of motherhood.
Whenever there is a crisis with the little ones, I always try to remember to ask: what would help you feel better?
Hopefully, a little shift happens... a solution becomes the focus, instead of... the little sister who colored
on her big sister's latest unicorn picture.
It works, except when it doesn't... and she just needs to cry a little.
update: as with most of my tricks, it has stopped working. when I ask elke what would help her feel better, she answers, devastated: "nothing."
tate always answers chocolate cake or something to that effect.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I am also so curious about your women's group! It sounds amazing. I found you through Heidi (Weaver's) blog. I hope we can meet in person someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jora!
    I highly recommend starting a women's group. Dear friends and some new ones pick a topic (instead of a book) to reflect and discuss. It is good to be on purpose and go way past small talk. We met once so briefly years ago, at matilda's birthday and I asked you about finding time to blog... finally! I am starting. Would love to meet and talk more!

    ReplyDelete